The San Antonio Spurs (6-5) host the Houston Rockets (3-6) after losing three straight home games. The Spurs are favored by in the matchup, which begins at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 14, 2021.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 14, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Spurs vs Rockets Betting Odds
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook here and get the best bonuses available anywhere!
Injury Report as of January 14
Derrick White: Out (Toe),
Drew Eubanks: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
DeMar DeRozan: Day To Day (Personal),
Keita Bates-Diop: Out (Upper Respiratory Infection),
Quinndary Weatherspoon: Out (Knee)
Chris Clemons: Out For Season (Achilles),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Eric Gordon: Day To Day (Leg),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Brodric Thomas: Out (Ankle),
John Wall: Out (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Spurs (-6)|
|Prediction||Spurs 115, Rockets 109|
The line for this game set by FanDuel and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.3 points of each other).
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Spurs Key Players
|Lonnie Walker IV||11||14.1||3.1||1.8||0.6||0.6||1.9|
Spurs Player Props
- DeMar DeRozan’s points prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 0.3 points greater than his season average of 21.2.
- Keldon Johnson’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is posted at 2.5 rebounds, 4.9 rebounds less than his season average of 7.4.
- Patty Mills’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots lower than his season average of 3.2.
- Johnson’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
Rockets Key Players
Rockets Player Props
- Christian Wood’s rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 7.5 rebounds, 2.0 rebounds less than his season average of 9.5.
- John Wall’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 29.5, 1.1 higher than his season average of 28.4.
- Wood’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
- The Spurs make 44.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is two percentage points lower than the Rockets have allowed to their opponents (46.4%).
- San Antonio has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.4% from the field.
- Houston’s record is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall when its opponents make more than 44.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Rockets have shot at a 46.4% clip from the field this season, one percentage point fewer than the 47.4% shooting opponents of the Spurs have averaged.
- Houston is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when it shoots higher than 47.4% from the field.
- San Antonio is 4-1 against the spread and 2-3 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot greater than 46.4% from the field.
- The Spurs shoot 38.1% from three-point range, the same that the Rockets allow to opponents.
- San Antonio is 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall when it shoots better than 38.1% from distance.
- Houston has put up a 2-2 against the spread while going 3-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 38.1% from downtown.
- The Rockets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (33.8%) is six percentage points lower than opponents of the Spurs are averaging (39.8%).
- Houston has a 1-1 ATS record and is 1-1 straight-up when the team makes more than 39.8% of its three-point attempts.
- San Antonio has a 3-0 ATS record and a 2-1 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.8% from three-point range.
- The Spurs knock down 11.9 three-pointers per game this season, 1.2 fewer made shots on average than the 13.1 per game the Rockets allow.
- When Houston makes more threes than its opponents, it is 2-3 against the spread and 3-2 overall. When San Antonio is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 2-4 ATS and 2-4 straight up.
- The Spurs make the 23rd-most three-pointers in the league, while the Rockets allow the 11th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Spurs vs Rockets Stat Rankings
|Spurs Rank||Spurs AVG||Rockets AVG||Rockets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from