The Toronto Raptors (2-8) host the Charlotte Hornets (6-6) in a matchup of Atlantic Division teams at Amalie Arena, starting at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 14, 2021. The Hornets are underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The over/under for the matchup is .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 14, 2021, 1:07 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Raptors vs Hornets Betting Odds
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook here and get the best bonuses available anywhere!
Injury Report as of January 14
Patrick McCaw: Out (Knee)
Gordon Hayward: Day To Day (Hip),
Cody Zeller: Out (Hand)
|Spread Pick||Hornets (+8)|
|Total Pick||Under (221.5)|
|Prediction||Hornets 111, Raptors 109|
While FanDuel has the Raptors winning by eight, the model has the Hornets taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (9.7 points). Take the Hornets.
In this matchup, the model projects a total (219.8 points) marginally lower than the FanDuel over/under (221.5 points).
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Raptors Key Players
Raptors Player Props
- Fred VanVleet’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 18.5, 2.4 points lower than his season average of 20.9.
- Kyle Lowry’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 29.5, 2.2 lower than his season average of 31.7.
- VanVleet’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Chris Boucher’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 2.1 blocks lower than his season average of 2.6.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Gordon Hayward’s points prop over/under for the contest is set at 18.5, 3.5 points lower than his season average of 22.0.
- Devonte’ Graham’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 26.5, 5.3 greater than his season average of 21.2.
- Terry Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.8 shots lower than his season average of 3.3.
- Graham’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals less than his season average of 1.7.
- The Raptors are shooting 44% from the field this season, 0.8 percentage points lower than the 44.8% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- Toronto is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it shoots higher than 44.8% from the field.
- Charlotte has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 44% of their shots from the field.
- The Hornets are shooting 44.2% from the field, 1.3% lower than the 45.5% the Raptors’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Charlotte has a 4-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 45.5% from the field.
- When Toronto’s opponents shoot over 44.2% from the field, it is 1-3 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- The Raptors shoot 36.4% from beyond the arc, 3.5% higher than the 32.9% the Hornets allow to opponents.
- Toronto is 2-5 against the spread and 1-6 overall when it shoots better than 32.9% from distance.
- Charlotte is 5-4 against the spread while putting up a 5-4 straight-up record when its opponents shoot above 36.4% from beyond the arc.
- The Hornets’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.8%) is -0.8 percentage points higher than opponents of the Raptors are averaging (36.6%).
- Charlotte has a 4-2 ATS record and is 4-2 straight-up when the team makes more than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Toronto has a 2-2 ATS record and a 1-3 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 35.8% of its three-point shots.
- The Raptors hit 15.6 three-pointers per game this season, 2.8 more made shots on average than the 12.8 per game the Hornets allow.
- Toronto is 3-2 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Charlotte is 1-3 ATS and 1-3 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Hornets rank 17th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Raptors give up the 22nd-fewest made threes in the league.
Raptors vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Raptors Rank||Raptors AVG||Hornets AVG||Hornets Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from