LeBron James leads the Los Angeles Lakers (14-4) into a matchup with the Detroit Pistons (4-13) after scoring 46 points in an 115-108 win over the Cavaliers. The Pistons are underdogs in the matchup on Thursday, January 28, 2021, which starts at 8:00 PM ET on SportsNet LA. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 26, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Pistons Betting Odds
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook here and get the best bonuses available anywhere!
Injury Report as of January 26
Jared Dudley: Out (Calf),
Kostas Antetokounmpo: Out (Knee)
Derrick Rose: Out (Knee),
Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
|Spread Pick||Lakers (-9.5)|
|Prediction||Lakers 115, Pistons 105|
The FanDuel line for this matchup is within 0.4 points of the model. Stay away from this one.
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- James’ assists prop total for the matchup is listed at 8.5 assists, 1.1 assists higher than his season average of 7.4.
- Anthony Davis’ rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is listed at 9.5 rebounds, 0.6 rebounds higher than his season average of 8.9.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Davis’ blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
Pistons Key Players
Pistons Player Props
- Jerami Grant’s points prop total for the contest is set at 17.5, 6.8 points less than his season average of 24.3.
- Mason Plumlee’s rebounding prop total for the contest is set at 6.5 rebounds, 2.1 rebounds lower than his season average of 8.6.
- Wayne Ellington’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 1.8 shots lower than his season average of 3.3.
- Grant’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
- This season, the Lakers have a 48.4% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.5% higher than the 47.9% of shots the Pistons’ opponents have hit.
- Los Angeles has a 6-4 record against the spread and an 8-2 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.9% from the field.
- Detroit has a 6-4 record against the spread and a 4-6 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 48.4% of their shots from the field.
- The Pistons have shot at a 42.8% rate from the field this season, 1.9 percentage points fewer than the 44.7% shooting opponents of the Lakers have averaged.
- Detroit has compiled a 3-2-1 record against the spread and a 2-4 straight up record in games it shoots better than 44.7% from the field.
- Los Angeles is 5-2 against the spread and 7-0 overall in games it allows opponents to shoot over 42.8% from the field.
- The Lakers shoot 38.9% from beyond the arc, 0.9% higher than the 38% the Pistons allow to opponents.
- Los Angeles has assembled a 6-2 record against the spread and an 8-0 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 38% of its three-point attempts.
- Detroit is 4-4 against the spread and 3-5 overall when its opponents shoot better than 38.9% from deep.
- The Pistons are hitting 36.1% of their shots from three-point range, which is only 2.1 percentage points greater than the 34% the Lakers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Detroit is 6-3-1 against the spread and 2-8 overall when shooting above 34% as a team from three-point range.
- Los Angeles is 8-3 ATS and 8-3 overall in games it shoots over 36.1% from deep.
- The Lakers knock down 12.2 three-pointers per game this season, 1.3 fewer made shots on average than the 13.5 per game the Pistons give up.
- Detroit is 6-3-1 against the spread and 3-7 overall when it connects on more three-pointers than its opponents, while Los Angeles is 2-5 ATS and 3-4 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Pistons are the ninth-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Lakers give up the second-fewest makes from deep.
Lakers vs Pistons Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from