The Memphis Grizzlies (2-4) are underdogs by to break a three-game home losing streak when they host the Los Angeles Lakers (5-2) on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 5, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 5
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: Day To Day (Left Ankle),
Alex Caruso: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jontay Porter: Out (Knee),
Justise Winslow: Out (Hip),
Ja Morant: Out (Ankle),
Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee),
John Konchar: Out (Ankle),
Killian Tillie: Out (Hamstring)
Grizzlies 116 Lakers 108
The line for this game set by DraftKings and the model’s prediction are essentially the same (within 0.3 points of each other).The model predicts a total 5.7 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Lakers Key Players
Lakers Player Props
- LeBron James’ points prop over/under for the game is set at 23.5, 0.1 points lower than his season average of 23.6.
- Anthony Davis’ PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 35.5, 1.5 higher than his season average of 34.0.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Davis’ steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
Grizzlies Key Players
Grizzlies Player Props
- Dillon Brooks’ points prop over/under for the contest is set at 18.5, 1.0 point higher than his season average of 17.5.
- Tyus Jones’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 7.8 greater than his season average of 13.7.
- Desmond Bane’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.8 shots lower than his season average of 2.3.
- Gorgui Dieng’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
- The Lakers make 49.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 3.8 percentage points higher than the Grizzlies have allowed to their opponents (45.8%).
- Los Angeles has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 4-2 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 45.8% from the field.
- Memphis is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 49.6% from the field.
- The Grizzlies are shooting 44.3% from the field, 0.3% higher than the 44% the Lakers’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Memphis has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 44% from the field.
- When Los Angeles’ opponents shoot higher than 44.3% from the field, it is 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- The Lakers are making 40.6% of their three-point shots this season, five% higher than the 35.6% the Grizzlies allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Los Angeles has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall when the team connects on more than 35.6% of its three-point shots.
- Memphis is 2-3 against the spread and 2-3 overall when its opponents shoot better than 40.6% from deep.
- The Grizzlies are knocking down 31.9% of their shots from three-point range, which is 1.3 percentage points fewer than the 33.2% the Lakers’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Memphis has a 2-1 ATS record and is 2-1 straight-up when the team makes more than 33.2% of its three-point attempts.
- Los Angeles has a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 31.9% from three-point range.
- The Lakers knock down 13 three-pointers per game this season, 2.2 more makes per game than the Grizzlies give up (10.8).
- Los Angeles is 4-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall when it connects on more threes than its opponents, while Memphis is 1-2 ATS and 1-2 straight up in games when it is out-shot from distance.
- The Grizzlies rank 24th in the NBA in made three-pointers, while the Lakers give up the eighth-fewest made threes in the league.
Lakers vs Grizzlies Stat Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers AVG||Grizzlies AVG||Grizzlies Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from