While the pandemic continues to spike here and there, New England Casinos strive for normalcy. While entertainment still seems a challenge for COVID protocols, dining options continue to open up. Hotel reopenings are still not complete, so that may cause a lack of possibilities at some properties. Let’s look at the breakfast options at New England Casinos.
Please Note –
- Oxford Casino Hotel in Maine has closed all dining venues at this time.
- Hotels at Twin River, Tiverton, Oxford remain closed.
- Casual dining restaurants are only listed if they serve at breakfast time.
Reopening New England’s Casino Dining Options.
Requiem for The Buffet
The casino buffet is definitely on the endangered species list. Except for the VIP buffet at Foxwoods, all other self-serve options are “temporarily closed.” New England Casinos have some buffets that rival Las Vegas eateries, namely Encore Boston Harbor, Mohegan Sun, and Foxwoods. In Maine, both Oxford’s weekly buffets and Hollywood Bangor’s Epic Buffet are currently closed.
Without the breakfast buffet, visitors are scrambling for a good breakfast. Many of the casinos in New England have little breakfast availability after fast food or snack bars. Of course, Dunkin Donuts, Johnny Rockets, and Starbucks are always options wherever they may be. But check ahead, since some open later, after 11:00 am.
Here are the casual breakfast places and opening time as of today:
- Hollywood Bangor – Take 2 Snack Bar (opens at 9:00 am)
- MGM Springfield – Bill’s Diner (24 hrs)
- Plainridge Park – Dunkin Donuts (opens 7:00 am)
- Encore Boston Harbor – Bru (open 7:00 am F – Sun, Mon at 8:00 am); Dunkin Donuts (24 hrs)
- Foxwoods – Veranda Cafe (7:00am); Dunkin Donuts (24 hrs-GP location); Bake Culture (8:00 am);
- Mohegan Sun – Hash House A Go Go (M-Th 8:00, Fri & Sat 9:00 am); Johnny Rockets (24 hrs, take-out only); Starbucks (7:00 am); Dunkin Donuts, 2 locations (opens 6:00 am); Daybreak Coffee Bar, Skyrise Food Court (7:00 am)
- Twin River – Dunkin Donuts (24 hrs) in West Food Court
Encore Boston Harbor Specials
There are a few fine dining breakfast specials, with a few brunches. Let’s start in Massachusetts.
This is where Encore shines. It’s restaurants some of the best in New England, if not the world.
First of all, Saturdays and Sundays from 7 a.m.–3 p.m, Brunch at On Deck Burger Bar. A great meal that you can pair with 24 oz. Build-your-own Bloody Mary with a choice of four different house-made tomato juices, premium spirits. MENU
Encore’s Taste is a limited time exclusive menus at three of their restaurants – Rare, On Deck Burger Bar, and Bru. At Bru, you can choose from several specialty combos for any meal, from our Croissant Breakfast Sandwich with any sized coffee. MENU
Encore, Mohegan Sun, Foxwoods all include In-Room dining if you are staying in a hotel. Check the particular property for more information.
I hope this helps many of you staying at the hotel looking for breakfast or who love to get there early in the morning like me—bon appetite.