The Arizona State Sun Devils (4-8) will try to break a six-game winning streak when they host the California Golden Bears (7-10) on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at Desert Financial Arena (AZ) as 8-point favorites. The game airs at 11:00 PM ET on FS1. The matchup has an over/under of 143.5 points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of January 28, 2021, 2:15 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Best Betting Odds
Examining the Over/Under
- The Sun Devils’ average implied point total this season is 3.9 more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (79.9 implied points on average compared to 76 implied points in this game).
- Arizona State will attempt to outscore its implied point total for this matchup (76) for the fourth time this season.
- The 70.9-point average implied total on the season for the Golden Bears is 2.9 more points than the team’s 68-point implied total in this matchup.
- Cal has scored more than 68 points eight times on the season.
Implied totals are projected point totals for each team based on totals and spreads set by sportsbooks.
Arizona State and Cal Records ATS
|ATS Record||ATS Record Against 8+ Point Spread||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)|
Against The Spread (ATS) records are only reflective of games that had odds on them.
Betting Tips – Shooting Stats
- This season, the Sun Devils have a 43.1% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.3% lower than the 45.4% of shots the Golden Bears’ have hit.
- In games when Arizona State shoots higher than 45.4% from the field, it is 0-3-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- Cal’s record is 4-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it allows its opponents to make more than 43.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Golden Bears’ 45% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.7 percentage points lower than the Sun Devils have given up to their opponents (45.7%).
- This season, Cal has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 45.7% from the field.
- Arizona State is 0-3 against the spread and 2-2 straight up in games when allowing opponents to shoot above 45% from the field.
- The Sun Devils are knocking down 32.4% of their three-point shots this season, 7.1% lower than the 39.5% the Golden Bears allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Arizona State has assembled a 1-1 straight-up record and a 0-1-1 record against the spread in games when the team makes more than 39.5% of its three-point attempts this season.
- Cal has gone 4-1 overall and has a 2-1 record against the spread in games this season when its opponents shoot higher than 32.4% from downtown.
- The Golden Bears are making 34.1% of their shots from three-point distance, which is 2.5 percentage points fewer than the 36.6% the Sun Devils’ are averaging on the season.
- Cal has a 6-1 ATS record and is 4-3 straight-up in games when the team makes better than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Arizona State is 2-3 overall and 0-4 ATS in games it shoots over 34.1% from deep.
- When Arizona State makes more threes than its opponents, it is 0-5 against the spread and 1-4 overall. When Cal is out-shot from deep by its opponents, it is 2-4 ATS and 2-5 straight up.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from